Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Found out

I came in to the office today and the safety coordinator said to me, How are you? You OK?

I was sort of confused. I know the government is supposed to have lots of leakers, but why would my bosses or friends tell him? So I just said, I'm OK.

I heard you fell Monday, he said. Dammit!

I did, in fact, fall in the bathroom Monday.

One of the lovely side effects of the heart medicine is constipation. I have it mostly taken care of with Miralax. But as anyone with any constipation knows, when your colon suggests it is ready, you don't delay.

Wanting to take the opportunity, I transferred quickly. But I struggled to pull my pants down.

Afraid the chance would fade, I gambled. And I lost.

 I saw one of my feet turning as I stood, but I didn't sit back and try again. I kept standing. And I fell.

The problem was finding someone to help. My main helpers were not there. I hadn't seen my two other helpers. I called a friend to ask her to find a guy who would help me. She wasn't there.

Then I heard, Matt, do you need help? I said yes, and he came in and helped me up.

And then he told.

Not that I really mind. I am supposed to think about anything we can do to help me with transfers. I was thinking a concierge who would assist me, but that might be too costly.

No comments:


Blog Archive