Tuesday, July 17, 2018

'Dealing with a lot of shit'

In one of the funnier scenes in Bull Durham, Crash goes out to the mound to settle his pitcher down.

pretty soon, most of the players on the field come in to talk about something. The pitching coach  comes out to see what's going on.

Crash explains the issues, adding, "We're dealing with a lot of shit."


I am weaning of Amiodarone. Do I think my heart is going to explode or go off the rails? Not this week, but it is an issue (maybe not the exploding part).

My wheelchair is not charging properly or at least not seeming to.

My right hearing aid is irritating my ear.

I could go on forever just about.

But am I writing about those issues? No (well, yes, I did but just in passing).

Instead, here is what happened when we arrived at work.

We were following a landscaper. It went into the area wit the disabled parking spots. The spots were all blocked off with tape and cones, apparently just for the landscaper, because a worker moved enough cones for the truck to pull in parallel to the curb, across a bunch of spots.


We just stopped in another spot to let me off. No big deal.

But what the flying fuck? 

The landlord set this up, I was told, so apparently the owners of the building where I work believe that disabled spots aren't for disabled people but for the landlord to do with as they choose.


I was so annoyed I wrote out building manager and told him "This is a really poor use of parking spots people need."

Don't I sound pissed>



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have gotten ejd to write the letter. She is excellent at pissed.
Xo
Metc

Matt said...

That same sister said you called me namby-pamby


Blog Archive