Monday, July 9, 2018

Dumbfounded

About two months ago, the batteries in my wheelchair  started going.

It was nothing major. Just every so often, they wouldn't charge properly. But knowing the way insurance works, I asked my wheelchair provider to get me new batteries.

About a month ago, they failed to charge for three nights in a row. I was a bit worried so I emailed again and asked for an ETA. About a week later I heard back -- they were awaiting authorization. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I just said OK because it was more or less OK. The battery level could not be trusted, but it stayed charged.

I couldn't sleep last night, and while tossing or maybe turning, I noticed the light on my wheelchair charger was not green or orange but blood red. I fiddled with it and got it back to a friendly color, but   in the morning it was red again. It also didn't appear to have charged at all.

I teleworked.

Mom called them, and the problem isn't them but my doctor. They faxed her a letter of medical necessity that she needed to sign and fax back THREE times. I love my doctor, but this is probably the 10th time I have debated leaving her to find a doc with a better office staff.

I offered to pay out of pocket but not a chirp from the provider.

I am home for a while, I suspect.  

No comments:


Blog Archive