Thursday, March 21, 2019

Laughing to keep from crying

So this happened yesterday:

I went to the bathroom before my physical therapy student came. I was having trouble standing -- my foot kept sliding even though I was back in the braces. I wound up sitting back on the toilet, but I slid off.

As I was sliding, I heard velcro tearing. I knew what it was but not why.

All my sweats these days have velcro flies thanks to Mom. The sound was the fly opening.

Once I recovered (that's right because I am tough as nails), I saw the button had popped off my pants. It was too late to change before my PT came, but these sweats have drawstrings.

So I called Mom to come over and tie the drawstring. She did.

But it didn't stay, so she hunted down a safety pin that did work OK...

Until after dinner, when I needed to use the toilet and couldn't lower my pants. I called Mom again. She came over, loosened the sweets and used the lift to put me on the toilet.

She put me back in the chair and left the room for a moment. I was buckling my seatbelt, but ...

I was sitting on the right side of it. I leaned over to grab it and fell onto the floor. Mom came in to find me on the floor, OK but annoyed.

I suggested we wait for my sister to get home, but she didn't like that idea and so we started sliding me into a sitting position. At one point slipped to the floor as well.

Dad joined us, and between the three of us, we got me back into my chair, where I quickly  did the seatbelt.


No comments:


Blog Archive