Monday, July 22, 2019

Heart failure doc to Matty: You're dying

To be fair, he added, we all are. A comedian!

Me in particular, he said, you're not perfect, but doing OK.

One's heart, apparently, is not very efficient. I have an ejection fraction of 45%. This is just mildly bad because the normal percentage of blood ejected from the heart is in the range of 50-60%.

So my heart does suck, but just a bit, and while it may get worse, we are taking steps to help it.

I am starting a beta blocker, which he seemed to believe may help, not just with the symptoms of a fast heart rate but with my overall heart strength.

He also was strongly in favor of the sleep mask.

He wanted me too keep exercising, just not super-strenuously.

Finally, he wanted me to upgrade my Apple watch.

No comments:


Blog Archive