Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Leveling up

When we were in high school, my little sister and I, to put it charitably, did not see eye-to-eye. We're friends now, but she does, on rare occasions, let me have it.

Unlike high school, I usually deserve it now.

For instance, she thinks I wallow and dwell too much on bitterness in this blog and wanted me to write about Dungeons and Dragons, how my nieces and nephews didn't give up on me playing and how she hears me laughing in my room and her daughter laughing in her room when we play.

She's right, but I told her I already wrote about D&D. Also, they can take away my balance, but they'll never take my bitter. Well, unless they return my balance.

But then my nieces and nephew (and brother) showed another level of awesomeness Sunday night.

I had an incident mid-game that took my sister about 15 minutes to clean up. I asked her to tell them I'd be away for a bit. They said, "No worries" and just chatted.

They're so great, my sister, too!

No comments:


Blog Archive