Monday, November 20, 2023

I hate cold, volume 891

 Here is another reason I hate the cold and the need to wear more clothes: The extra clothes catch on things. 

I was near my desk yesterday afternoon and I coughed. Before I knew what was happening, I had leaned over my knees and my sweatshirt hooked the joystick and it started sending me toward the desk. 

I had been standing the night before, so my desk riser was still about six inches up in the air. The result was that my head slid between the riser and the disk itself before I was able to stop the wheelchair 

I thought about trying to get help from my nephew, who is home for Thanksgiving, but I could not reach my watch or phone. 

Eventually I freed myself and was fine. But Gosh I hate cold weather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My joystick I caught on my desk once at work and it was ugly. I wasn't wearing winter clothes, but rather a white shirt. I went spinning and I got a big gash in my head. Luckily someone was walking by my office and looked in and came in to help. The advantage of a white shirt was that obviously when your head bleeds there is a lot of blood so I got treated quickly. Sorry you got caught, but likely you didn't need 12 stitches! It's a dangerous world we live in.
sdt

Matt said...

ugg


Blog Archive