Friday, November 10, 2023

Whoops

 It finally happened. 

I woke up on Wednesday night and I could not move my head. 

I thought the sleep mask or its tubing I had gotten caught somehow. But they seemed free. 

As I slowly woke up, I realized that the lift, which I keep on its charging station right above my hea, hand lowered on to me. 

I can't say that it lowered of its own volition, though. 

I have been wearing the lift removed around my neck ever since my legs have gotten really jumpy. That’s because if I need to use the lift to relax my legs when the sleep mask is on, I have to hold the remote and hope I we don't lose track of it. 

I rarely use the lift to travel horizontally when my legs are jumping. I usually just to use it to sit up. 

I managed to get to lift back up, but it was not easy. 

Maybe I should keep it away from my head at night. Life would be much simpler if I didn't have to deal with restless legs. Actually everything related to Frederick's ataxia. 

No comments:


Blog Archive