Sunday, November 19, 2023

Side Effect 1

 I had the first side effect from the medicine to treat Friedreich's ataxia. Actually, it is more correct to say I was just made aware of it.

 I went and this week to see my doctor for blood work after two months of the drug. I like my doctor a lot even though he is totally different from the doctor I had for the best 25 years old. 

And that’s not just because he asked me if I wanted to do Coloaguard or “poop in a box. It is just different. 

One way is he got the blood work back to me the very next day. 

It showed that my cholesterol has gone through the roof, a potential problem with this drug. 

The rest of my blood work was okay, though, so that's good, and we will retest the cholesterol in six months to see if I need to go on medicine I lower it. 

It is sort of like what I was talking about with sweatpants and the lift and how I cannot have two simple things. I can't be warm and use the lift easily. 

With this, I can't treat Friedeioch’s ataxia and have half decent cholesterol, apparently. 

It annoys me that one medicine is making me take another. I don't like taking medicine.

No comments:


Blog Archive