Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A pyramid scheme of health

My banker thinks i need to try something called stem cell enhancers.

I wish I could say that it was out of the goodness of her heart, but it seems that the product is part of a multi-level marketing program like Amway. In the company's FAQ for why the hell they use this kind of sales program. Well, stem cell enhancers are a “new paradigm” and the “power of networking offers a unique opportunity to generate awareness and educate people about this new paradigm.” You could almost win Business Meeting Bingo with that one sentence.

It may also be because without actual relationships or networks, no one would have anything to do with a freaky supplement (just a supplement, that's key) made out of algae.

If it were not a supplement, the FDA would regulate their asses. But it is a supplement so you can say it does anything, kind of like coral calcium. Who believes these crap pedallers?

I think I need a new banker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your banker using her client contacts to enhance her network potentials with the MLM scheme? is that ethical? i bet Wachovia (for example) wouldn't like that. I know some people at the State Corporation Commission. Let me know if you want to intiate proceedings...
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

If I never towed anyone, chances are I won't sic regulators on someone. I think I would have been madder if I understood her; I did not really until I looked up the website she gave me. We were talking about housing; I thought she was trying to sell me some realty product.


Blog Archive