Sunday, June 29, 2008

No colossal medicine cabinet misunderstanding

You know that old sitcom staple – a date looks in your medicine cabinet and discovers like fungicide, only it turns out to be for the cat and everyone has a hearty chucky after.

• I don't have to worry about that here at Mom and Dad's. For several reasons:
• I am not bringing dates to Mom and Dad's, or anywhere else.
• I don't have a cat with fungus and certainly don't keep medicines for Claren (also fungus-free) in the medicine closet.

The imaginary date would not have to open anything. My medicine cabinet is a see-thru shoe bag hanging on the wall.

So without much effort you can see this cream or that bandage. I guess I should be embarrassed, but who cares what you see? You want to see more, just ask.

The other week I was telling my occupational therapist that I was having trouble pulling my pants up. It has been a problem for years. I pull up one side, let go and reach for the other side and the first side falls down. I guess I don't have child-bearing hips to hold the first side up.

We went into the bathroom to practice the pants thing and I thought she would give me some pants to pull up over my pants or something. No, I was just had to drop trou and then pull them up. Good thing I did not go commando that day.

I was quite glad, of course. I mean a second layer of pants would not have worked as well, and it was refreshing (No, I do not mean there was a nice breeze in the room that swept up my boxers). It is refreshing to deal with someone who faces my problems in such a matter-of-fact way. Most of my doctors and therapists have. I am lucky that I have such great people and I am not embarrassed about sucking up like that either.

No comments:


Blog Archive