Sunday, January 14, 2024

I’m walking

 As Friedreich's ataxia continues to have its way with me, I am finding that there are fewer and fewer things I can do by myself for me and for Fame. 

One of the things I can do is take her for a walk, although I do need help with my coat and the rest door. Nevertheless, I mostly am on my own, so I have resolved to walk even on days I don't want to. Days like today, when the brass monkeys were certain to stay indoors.

I wore my parka, my snow pants chaps and my poncho. Because it was windy, I had my gait belt fastened around my thighs to keep the poncho from blowing.

I was still cold, and even when I was back indoors I was uncomfortable. I tried adding a warm shirt, but my temperature issues quickly weighed in. Essentially, I spent the afternoon in shorts and a T shirt.

Now I am in bed, writing and already am too hot.

No comments:


Blog Archive