Monday, January 1, 2024

Dose me up

 I am waiting to hear if I qualify for another drug study. Actually, it is not another one. It is a new phase of the one I took part in four years ago. 

This phase would be a long-term, at-home study of how the drug works over time.

All the participants in the study will get the drug and inject it into themselves. 

Although I was telling an older sister about this and she said I wasn't allowed to inject a myself. I I told her no, they said I could and would train me. She said no, she was saying I was not allowed to. Oh well. 

The drug, when I first heard about it, was presented as a cure, not just a treatment. That was by my neurologist, who is not prone to exaggeration. 

The drug inserts the part of the cell that is missing and Friedreich's ataxia. 

It said in the original email I got that no overnight stays in clinics would be required, but I am sure they will require regular visits to track me.  I am waiting to see where I'd have to go.

I would like to go if I get accepted because who knows how much more Friedreich's ataxia I can take?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd learn how to give shots for you. But maybe we could convince your niece who already saved your life once to come do it ;) xxoo

Matt said...

I am actually working on a blog that mentions that niece and that allegation


Blog Archive