Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Insurance and wheelchair -- what's worse?

In early November, I noticed the on-off switch on my chair was sticking.

Not much I could do about it, so I just went about my business. I didn't think I had spilled something in the switch, but that's what I hoped.

After about a week, it got so hard that I was sure something was going to break, so we called my provider. They put in a work order, which mens they fax something to my doctor to authorize the repair.

At this point, my doctor and provider do a fun little song and dance. I use present tense  because it happens just about every time. Nothing happens, so we call the provider. The provider says, We faxed it. My doctor says, We never got it. I have the provider fax again. The doctor's office gets it, but now they have to put it in my doctor's box for a signature.

Signature received, the provider then sends it off to the insurer for preauthorization.

The whole process took two weeks by which time the switch was much better.

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving a technician came out, fiddled with it for a while, and said he could not do much more for fear of cracking the glass on the controller.

The switch is bad again.

God, I hate this wheelchair and insurance.

No comments:


Blog Archive