Saturday, December 28, 2019

They're great

A few weeks ago I saw a new urologist. I wasn't sure she w  as for me -- she wasn't in my insurance plan -- but my doctor recommended her and said she had experience with neurological diseases.

What really sold me was she called at 7 p.m. the Friday before the Monday appointment and spent an hour asking questions.

One of the things she talked about was triggers, things that make certain people have to urinate.

For me, a trigger seems to be returning from walks when I know no one is around to help me if I have a problem. I'll be fine til I get in the door.

The day before Christmas Eve, that was the case. I did prepare.

Going up the ramp, I took off my mitten. But I got tangled up in the doorway with the pooper scooper, and well, it was all over then.

To top it off, I slid off my chair.

Mom and Dad were out of pocket. I called my sister on the off chance she was back. She wasn't, but she sent in her kids.

They came down and used the lift to get me on the toilet.  Eventually. First, I fell backward into a urine  puddle. Then my niece got a bloody nose.

My nephew then began taking off my snow pants, which  I wear so I can wear shorts in the house.

My niece said as he was going to let him deal with this part, but when he struggled a bit she helped.

They figured out a way to pull my pants up without me standing or fully in the lift and a way to get my legs in the lift from a standing position. They really work well together.

Then they took a photo to send their mom and went off to do their thing.

I may have crappy triggers, but I have awesome nieces and nephews.

No comments:


Blog Archive