Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Lots of ills

When I had my heart trouble a few years ago, I went to my regular doctor because the heart medication was making me duper-constipated.

"Every pill has its ill " she said, but the problem is it isn't just pills. A lot of things in my life that I use to survive to the next day also have bad effects.

Pill-wise:

  • Baclofen is supposed to arrest my restless legs. It also might make me fall more often,
  • Myrbetriq helps my overactive bladder, but several doctors have recently suggested it might be causing gastrointestinal distress.
Otherwise:
  • The sleep mask is supposed to improve my sleep. Instead, it keeps me up.
  • My braces are supposed to improve my independence by making my transfers better. They do. help transfers. Of course, I can't put them on myself, which means I have less independence.
  • I need my chair to get around. It makes me weaker.
I hate that I need all the stuff I need.

No comments:


Blog Archive