Sunday, September 16, 2018

Cinder-Matty

Try as I might, I cannot get the old jump-rope rhyme about Cinderella out of my head.
Cinderella, dressed in yella
Went upstairs to kiss a fella
On the way her girdle busted
How many people were disgusted?
See, I am wearing what is called an abdominal binder but is essentially a girdle.

It holds my trunk muscles in place and is supposed to provide me with a little stability.

It seems to be working, but I still say that stupid rhyme i my head multiple times a day.

It does make me feel like Cinderella and I have something in common, and raises the question, "Did Cinderella have Friedreich's ataxia?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I be in your club? I have been wearing an abdominal binder since my injury. I actually need to make an adjustment and your mom is on my list for asking for help. See, at least we have something in common :-)
sdt

KJ said...

Time out, that was the way you said that nursery rhyme?? Ours was "Cinderella dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella, made a mistake and kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take?"

Matt said...

Excellent!

I guess my sister had a dirty mind even back then. No, I remember that one too.


Blog Archive