Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Stupid ears

This happened Tuesday, and I decided it is an apt microcosm for my life.

I have decided I should use my microphone more. It works when I am with just one person but have been disappointed with its failure to help in meetings. My audiologist did not expect this either. Of course, she also told me very authoritatively that my problem was the auditory nerve, which sounds reasonable.

However, after my neurology appointment I am pretty sure  my auditory nerve is normal. The fairly unique problem in FA hearing loss is the connection between the brain and the auditory nerve. It is messed up. She could have learned this is she called the neurologist as I suggested. But  I digress.

To force my use of the mic, I put it on my lanyard. to make sure it doesn't drop in the toilet, I take my lanyard off when sitting down. However, this raises the prospect of the lanyard knocking out a hearing aid. Which happened.

Fortunately, it did not fall in the toilet, just on the ground.

My shoe then pushed it into the other stall, so unreachable to me. Fame could have gotten it, but I am told dogs eat hearing aids.

So I had to go find someone to get my hearing aid.

But the hearing aid was still out, which makes it kind of pointless to use the mic.

No comments:


Blog Archive